Monday, November 5, 2012

Dupe: Essie Wicked Comparable Dupe

Hey guys,

So I am a huge, huge fan of Essie polishes. Mostly for the colours. Some of the colours that Essie has come out with are amazing. Colours such as Ladylike, Wicked, Devil Advocate, and Angora Cardi are some of my favorites. Finding identical colours is next to near impossible, however; there are colours which fairly similar. And in the case of Essie's Wicked a comparable dupe that I've found is Revlon's Vixen.


Now, I will stress that these two colours are -not- totally identical. But they are very similar so if you like the colour Wicked but aren't a big Essie fan Vixen is a great alternative. Plus, it's more affordable than the Essie polish. Essie polishes range from 7.99 at Wal-Mart to 11.99 at Shoppers Drugmart. Ouch, right? Revlon polishes on the other hand are more affordable. I'm not certain the price at Wal-Mart but they cost around 7.99 at Shoppers Drugmart.

(Both nails have three coats of the polishes on them.)

According to the Essie website Wicked is a deep and dark sinister red. If I were to describe it I would call it a deep red with a hint of a plum undertone. It is a really nice colour and very appropriate for Autumn/Winter. Now, the Revlon website doesn't really describe their polishes at all. At least the Canadian one doesn't. But personally I find Vixen to be a deep red with a hint of a blue undertone. It's just a little lighter than Wicked.

Side by side you can't really tell that the polishes are different unless you are specifically looking for it. The only time I ever noticed there was a difference in shades was when I held them directly under light and looked straight at them. And when I did that I noticed that Vixen was slightly more brown due to the blue undertone. Honestly though the differences are subtle. I would have never noticed the difference if I hadn't of been specifically looking for any and if I hadn't of known in the first place that I was wearing two different polishes.

I should also point out that the Revlon polish formula is better than the Essie one. The Revlon polish dried faster I found. And I also didn't chip the Revlon polish right away. I wasn't even done painting my nails when I had a little nick out of the Essie nail.

Over all if you love this kind of colour the Revlon polish is your best bet. It's more affordable, it dries slightly faster, and it doesn't chip right away. I still love Essie polishes but after finding this dupe for Wicked I won't be purchasing Essie's Wicked again.

If you guys would like to see more of these Essie polish dupe posts in the future let me know! I'll keep looking for dupes. Or if you'd like me to try and find a dupe for a specific colour let me know as well.

Thanks for reading and please don't forget to follow!

8 comments:

  1. These are really lovely colours, I will definitely check out the revlon polish x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they really do look the same! Thanks for the tip! I agree that Revlon polishes have a better formulation than Essie ones... Revlon always surprises me with its lasting power! And haha, I like the description "sinister red" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish that Revlon had more colours that were similar to some of Essie's. If Revlon did...man I would be a happy camper!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! It's my favorite color of nail polish to wear period.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting. I appreciate every comment. If you're interested you can follow me on Twitter // Bloglovin' // Tumblr.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...